Friday, December 11, 2009

We can dance (and sing!) if we want to

You know what could have been a really awful bit, but actually is terribly, awesomely cheesy? Coleman Karaoke! Oh, I love it so! Mainly because it's so fun to see everyone having, well, fun. No shoot outs, no chalk outlines (although wouldn't you love to see FRANCO do karaoke? Oh yes you would.). Just fun with our characters. And, they let my favorites come out to play, which is nice.


Does Tony have a singing clause in his contract, or what?

Like Luke! It's fun to see him all not broody. (A rare occassion lately, let's be honest. I mean, he's much more fun when he's being ridiculous. Just like Angel and Angelus, amirite?) I was one of the few people who liked it when he was singing "My Way" in purgatory or whatever last year? But I was worried they really were going to kill him off, so I can even put up with this chick, who's going to break up Robin and Patrick or some such???, and who, according to some allusions on Serial Drama, has been recast already? And she had such pretty hair: 



Sorry, girl. Guess those hot oil treatments only helped so much.

But I can deal with her FOR NOW, and also this fool:


I can't believe I don't have a better plotline (or haircut) either!

Because, really, Ethan? I cannot believe there wasn't anyone cuter in Hollywood to cast than you. Srry. Had to be said. And they usually do so well with the offspring casting on this show.

 

Dante, WE would never threaten to reveal your true identity. Just sayin.
 
You knew I was going to show Dante there, right? Although he looks kind of bummed here, but I think that's mainly because stupid Lulu keeps threatening TO GET HIM KILLED. Gah! Look at him. You know he's thinking, "Rlly? You're rlly threatening to tell Sonny? After I saved you? Pfft." Also when is this secret going to come out? At the supermarket yesterday it seemed like Soap Opera Digest was going to tell me, but I try to remain as spoiler-free as possible, so I kept it together. (You know, barely. I still almost dropped half my groceries in the middle of the street.) But, right, right, karaoke. And my favorites. Look! They let Diane come out!

 

I'm so awesome I'm on TWO shows! 

If Diane's happy, I'm happy. (Side note: I had the pleasure of interviewing Diane this past year, and I am happy to report that she is just as exactly awesome as you would hope her to be.) And, Tracey gets to dance around like this!


 
I'm going dance like I just doing care that-I-have-no-real-plot-right-now.
 
And this!

Yeah, now I'm just showing off.
 
And we can forget that Luke threw Laura over for Tracey, who is like, not nefarious at all anymore, and all of the other wackadoodle plotlines they like to throw at us (I cannot even BRING MYSELF to discuss the whole Elizabeth-Lucky Original Flavor-Nicholas ridiculousness that is going on right now), and just enjoy some good old rocking out. I can't really imagine the pitch session for this idea, or that Bob Guza could stop writing shoot outs long enough to secure the rights to some fun songs or whatever, but I am a fan. Hear that, Guza? Keep it up! That's something no one ever really says to him on soap opera blogs, so I hope this positive reinforcement gets us something good. LIKE REBECCA REALLY BEING EMILY AFTER ALL! Come on! She's in the hospital, make some crazy discovery! Or like LUCKY REALLY SHOOTING NICHOLAS! Srsly, Guza, I have tons of ideas! Call me!

My Wolverine Action Figure is guarding my pens. He's good like that.

No comments: