Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mmm ... Rory the drink

The best things about television.

1. You can get good drink ideas - the Rory was quite good, I'm pleased to report, although they are nowhere as awesomely pink as they were on the television screen. I recommend them, but not Rory's snotty, snotty new attitude, nor her 'We were on a break' plot line with Logan. I mean, really.

2. You can get excellent outfit tips - For example, I know never to wear a leather vest with nothing underneath, a la Brenda Walsh's faux paus that she had to endure while also being told that Kelly Taylor totally stole Dylan, all because Brenda's stupid stupid Dad wouldn't let her go to Dylan's "My dad just got out of jail party." Gah, Jim! You're such an a-hole.

3. You can learn important life lessons - I now know that even if my boyfriend is being a dick I shouldn't marry the guy who's been lusting after me forever but who for some reason reminds me of Real World Chicago for reasons that I can't explain. Also, I should know that if my baby could receive my old boyfriend's baby brother's liver, then maybe my old boyfriend really is the father and I just don't remember having sex with him, what with the trauma of the barn burning down that night.

My Wolverine Action Figure is at home kicking it. He should be writing his daily report, 'What happened on Days of Our Lives' today, which he presents to me every night when I get home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Rory watch Friends? I was on Rachel's side when she and Ross were on a break, but that was one day. Rory's side? I can't be on it. She's the one who choose to date a slimeball.

Btw, I am sorry you lost your diary-x stuff. I had most of mine backed up, but it still sucked big time. (I've been reading you since then, but am not big on commenting.)

Anonymous said...

For REAL. If Rory knows enough pop culture to assure her mom that Gwen and Gavin survived a suprise! child, then she should know the 'we were on a break' storyline that was shoved down our throats for 8 years as well as the rest of us.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I give, what's the third television thing?

Anonymous said...

Ha! It's the current Days of Our Lives plotline. Belle loves Sean but is married to Philip (who is really Kyle from the Real World Chigaco). She's only staying married to Philip because she thinks her baby, Claire, is his. But it's not. She forgot about the barn sex with Sean. Because of the the fire. See?