Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Preguntas, Primetime.

Some Primetime Queries!

1. If you were a member of the Walker clan, would you seriously ever suggest having a dinner party for all your family members? Because this happens like every other week on the show, and then they all have this gigantic screaming match, and everyone storms out without eating. It's been like FOUR seasons of this! When Ally McBeal was all diagnosed with cancer and she was like, 'Let's have a dinner,' I was like, "Rlly, Ally McBeal? You just found out you have a terrible, life-threatening illness, and you want to have a party with your family where inevitably everyone will start yelling at each other?' And she was like, 'Yes, back off.' (Side note: right after Ally got her Terrible Illness I was feeling kind of sluggish and I was kinda a little bit worried (maybe a smidge?) that I had come down with some disease. In fact, I told my husband, 'I think I have a Dramatic Soap Opera Disease.' This did not help him to take me seriously. Lame!)

2. Do you think Rebecca knows that she and Justin are about to play out the same storyline that Mimi and Rex (Remember Rex the alien? Man, that was weird.) had on Days back in the day (ha) that made me want to tear my hair out? Remember? When Mimi kept skulking around and refusing to tell Rex she was knocked up and then she had a secret abortion and then HER LADY PARTS WERE ALL BROKEN BECAUSE HOW DARE SHE? And then I almost had to write NBC a nasty letter because, rlly? I think that would have been the whole letter: Rlly, NBC?

3. So, like, Grey's Anatomy kinda sucks now, huh? I was looking back over my old posts before I revitalized this here blog and, wow, one thing about taking a three year hiatus is that those posts when Grey's were good were right at the top of the pile! When Meredith almost drowned kinda accidentally on purpose? The pink dress and the Dead Denny! The show was awesome. Now, it's, um, not. And this makes me mad partly because people will be like, "Oh when Meredith and McDreamy are together there's no drama it was boring." Causing the number of shows with Sexual Tension but no Actual Main Character Couples Actually Being Together to increase. (BONES, I am looking right at you.) And I hate those shows! Remember Ed? Yeah, that show sucked. The end.

3. Have you noticed that Grey's sucks, in part, because Shonda gives all her characters these crazy long monologues where they just repeat the same thing over and over (and over and over) again? From a writer to a writer? That is lazy writing. Also it's a tick, that, now that I've noticed it, I can't unnotice it, and it bugs me All. The. Time. So I'm telling you! So we can be in this together. You're welcome. Have no idea what I'm talking about? An example:

This was the monologue from the random hospital employee who had the crazy tumor:

Isaac: No, don't close me up. If you get in and it's too complicated, cut the cord. Paralyze me if you must. I survived a war did you know that? I survived a war where they put bodies in to mass graves where there was once a playground. I survived the death of my family, my parents, my brothers and sisters. Then I survived the death of my wife and child when they starved to death in a refugee camp. I survived the loss of my country, of hearing my mother tongue spoken, of knowing what it feels like to have a place to call home. I survived. And I will survive the loss of my legs. If I have to, I'll survive it. Ok? But Derek, there is always a way when things look like there's no way. There's a way to do the impossible, to survive the in survivable. There's always a way.

And guess what? (Spoiler Alert!) HE SURVIVED! Pffft.
(Thanks to http://www.greysanatomyinsider.com for the transcription.)

4. Is Don Draper some kinda awesome, or what? Also here's an interesting interview with Mad Men creator Matthew Weiner, if you're interested, although that guy is some kinda politician, huh? He answers questions straighter than interviews I've seen with Shonda, though, so I suppose that's something.

My Wolverine Action Figure is standing in my coffee mug. I don't know why. Sometimes, it's best not to ask.

No comments: